Saturday, June 5, 2010

Level up!

You know those accomplishments that take you to different stages in your life? Things like, the first time you wear big kid underwear and kept it dry, the first time you rode a bike without stabilisers or swam without arm bands? Your first bra, your first pair of high heels, the first time you drive a car etc... ? Today I discovered that owning a barb-e-cue and being "allowed" to light it and own it and cook on it and everything involved with that makes me feel like I'm grown up. Never mind that I've been married for 6 years and we've been paying our own bills and just bought our first mattress (we moved up two levels in ONE week!) and stuff... We didn't need to ask for permission!
Today I've grown up... a little.
What an adventure!

4 comments:

Chiemi said...

Maybe that's what happens in year 6 of marriage because I have yet to buy a bbq or a mattress in my 5 years of marriage. Congrats on feeling grownup! :D

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Totally feel ya. After 7 years we purchased our first grill a few months ago and use it weekly. Though we did have to borrow charcoal and lighter fluid and a lighter from the parents to use it :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Cute post :) hehe!

Dionne said...

We don't have a grill. Apartment life doesn't lend itself well to BBQs, especially with tiny patios like ours. But someday...