Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up. These are the best days of our lives."

I often get glum at the thought of being an adult. I'm shocked everytime I realise I'm not 17 anymore. The truth is I'm just not done with silliness. I think it was Megan who was telling me about her dilema in that sense too and how in the good book it says not to cling to childish things but go on your way and grow up. (That was you, right Meg?) We were talking about how hard that was. We also worked out that it didn't nessessarily mean 'stop having fun' or 'no more rolling in the mud/dressing up like superheroes!'... well, it might mean that last one a little BUT it doesn't mean 'Stop having fun!' It means to every thing there's a time and a season - also in the good book ;) Be silly but not all the time. Be sensible when you're meant to be.

I did my second 2 Silly Girls shoot of the summer this past week and was feeling a little glum not to have Megan there - leaving our university town, with a husband means I'm for sure not 17 anymore. The pictures turned out great though and everyone had fun. Basically the whole 2 Silly Girls mission was accomplished. I need to do more of these. 

I think everyone loves being silly. When it rains I can't be the only person over the age of 7 who wants to be outside in my swim suit splashing in puddles, right?

Is there something silly you always want to do but brush it off because you're an adult now?
Are you still silly? How? Got a Top Ten list of silliness? Share it!

My top 10 list of favorite silly moments/things to do:
1. Dress up.
2. Play hide and seek.
3. Say "cheeeeeese!" when I'm getting my picture taken.
4. Use too much bubbles in the bath.
6. Stick things to husband's back and see how long it takes for him to realise.
7. Wear glitter. A lot.
8. Sit on my mum's lap.
9. Make screeching sounds as we go around a corner in the car really fast.
10. Remembering silliness and laughing over and over and over about it.

Mostly, being silly means that someone else is being silly too which is my overall fave.

No comments: