Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy BirthWeek Jasmine!

This post is inspired by this post and dedicated to Jasi Love.
One summer day a couple of years ago I got a phone call from my friend Kirsten.
"Hey, do you want to go toe-fishing?"
"Um yes... what does that mean?"
"You know fishing like Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn."
"No, not really."
"You do know! We tie fishing line around our toes and lie back on the dock and catch fish."
"Um. Ok."

We didn't have fishing line so we used wool.
We didn't have fish hooks so we used paperclips.
We didn't have bait so we used Ritz Crackers.

We didn't catch anything but we did laugh and laugh and the people watching us laughed too.
If we did by some miracle catch something I don't know what we would have done with it.

I don't even like fish.

1 comment:

Stuart said...

Haha! I remember that day. I like Huck Fin and Tom Sawyer. I wonder if you could really catch fish with your toes being the fishing rod...